Re: Errors on missing pg_subtrans/ files with 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Errors on missing pg_subtrans/ files with 9.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2013-11-12 10:56:55 -0500, J Smith wrote:
> G'day list. Didn't get any interest in pgsql-general, thought I'd try
> my luck here, which perhaps would be more fitting in case I've
> stumbled upon an edge case issue or something...

Normally the bug report for/the -bugs mailing list is the right one for
things like this.

> ERROR could not access status of transaction 4179979
> Could not open file "pg_subtrans/003F": No such file or directory.

A couple of question:
* Did you have any OS, hardware crashes?
* Do you run with fsync=off or full_page_writes=off?
* Could you post the pg_controldata output?
* Is it always the same xid?
* Does SELECT count(*) FROM pg_prepared_xacts; return 0?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services