Re: Completely broken replica after PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Completely broken replica after PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2013-11-01 00:35:18 -0700, Sergey Konoplev wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > The attached patch fixes this although I don't like the way it knowledge of the
> > point up to which StartupSUBTRANS zeroes pages is handled.
>
> So, after half a year the same failure has happened again on the same
> replica, but now patched with the Andres' patch (9.2.4 + the patch)
> that was supposed to fix it.

I think that's actually a different bug - what the patch was fixing was
the clog/subtrans errors, not the "reference to invalid pages".

I've submitted a fix for at least one cause causing that independently
from this bug which is included in 9.2.5
(17fa4c321ccf9693de406faffe6b235e949aa25f). Note thought that that fix
needed a fix iff using a cassert enabled build
(4da24f12e63313b7dbb6b3e3d0317e04045df636) which is *not* in 9.2.5.

Greetings,

Andres Freund