Re: Sigh, my old HPUX box is totally broken by DSM patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Sigh, my old HPUX box is totally broken by DSM patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't think a configure-time test is a good idea because there's no
> guarantee that the configure-time machine and the run-time machine
> have the same behavior.  But having initdb fork a child process to run
> the test seems like a reasonable way forward, even though I feel like
> it shouldn't really be needed.  One possibly unfortunate things is
> that SIGSYS at least on my box normally produces a core dump, so the
> initdb child might leave behind a core file somewhere as a side
> effect.  Not sure if we can or want to work around that somehow.

I'm going to guess this idea is a non-starter, but any hope there's some
other system call which would tell us we're on a platform where
shm_open() will hit us with SIGSYS?  What happens when shm_unlink() is
called on this platform?  Or mmap()?
Thanks,
    Stephen