Re: logical changeset generation v6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: logical changeset generation v6.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013-10-15 10:20:55 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > For multi-master / conflict resolution you may also want all old
> > values to make sure that they have not changed on target.
>
> The patch as proposed doesn't make that information available.  If you
> want that to be an option, now would be the right time to argue for
> it.

I don't think you necessarily want it for most MM solutions, but I agree
it will be useful for some scenarios.

I think the ReorderBufferChange struct needs a better way to distinguish
between old-key and old-tuple now, but I'd rather implement the
facililty for logging the full old tuple in a separate patch. The
patchset is big enough as is, lets not tack on more features.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services