Re: BUG #8443: duplicated oids after dump - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: BUG #8443: duplicated oids after dump
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2013-09-11 12:07:25 +0000, b.rychtarski@teb-akademia.pl wrote:
> executed full dump of database without oids:
> pg_dump -v -a -E UTF8  --disable-dollar-quoting --disable-triggers
>

> after restoring database from dump in each table there are rows with
> duplicated oids

So, just to make sure I understand you correctly: You dumped a database
in a form that doesn't contain oids, loaded it into a new one where the
preexisting schema uses oids in user tables? After loading that data
there were duplicate oids?

* Do you have a unique constraint over the oid columns?
* Was there any preexisting data?
* Were there any concurrent inserts?
* Are the "duplicates" rows in the same relation or in different ones?
* How many records do exist in the restore you made?

Greetings,

Andres Freund