Re: logical changeset generation v5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: logical changeset generation v5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've attached a couple of the preliminary patches to $subject which I've
recently cleaned up in the hope that we can continue improving on those
in a piecemal fashion.
I am preparing submission of a newer version of the major patch but
unfortunately progress on that is slower than I'd like...

In the order of chance of applying them individuall they are:

0005 wal_decoding: Log xl_running_xact's at a higher frequency than checkpoints are done
* benefits hot standby startup
0003 wal_decoding: Allow walsender's to connect to a specific database
* biggest problem is how to specify the connection we connect
  to. Currently with the patch walsender connects to a database if it's
  not named "replication" (via dbname). Perhaps it's better to invent a
  replication_dbname parameter?
0006 wal_decoding: copydir: move fsync_fname to fd.[c.h] and make it public
* Pretty trivial and boring.
0007 wal_decoding: Add information about a tables primary key to struct RelationData
* Could be used in the matview refresh code
0002 wal_decoding: Introduce InvalidCommandId and declare that to be the new maximum for CommandCounterIncrement

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment