Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Responses Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> Stephen Frost escribió:
> > * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> > >
> > > Uh, I was thinking that conf.d would be read by the system
> > > automatically, not because of an includedir line in postgresql.conf.
> >
> > I'd much rather have an includedir directive than some hard-coded or
> > command-line option to read the directory..  The directory should live
> > in /etc/postgresql/X.Y/cluster/ on at least Debian derivatives..
>
> The conf.d/ path would be relative to postgresql.conf, so there's no
> need for Debian to patch anything.

Uhhh, I really don't see that working, at all...
Thanks,
    Stephen