Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Responses Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
>> The conf.d/ path would be relative to postgresql.conf, so there's no
>> need for Debian to patch anything.

> Uhhh, I really don't see that working, at all...

Why not?  conf.d is for installable files, AIUI.  What we need to
be writable is auto.conf, but I thought we'd agreed that would live
inside $PGDATA.