Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Responses Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Stephen Frost escribió:
> * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> > Stephen Frost escribió:
> > > With includedir and include directives, and postgresql.conf setting a
> > > defined ordering, with last-wins, you could simply have the 'includedir'
> > > for conf.d come before the 'include' for auto.conf.
> >
> > Uh, I was thinking that conf.d would be read by the system
> > automatically, not because of an includedir line in postgresql.conf.
>
> I'd much rather have an includedir directive than some hard-coded or
> command-line option to read the directory..  The directory should live
> in /etc/postgresql/X.Y/cluster/ on at least Debian derivatives..

The conf.d/ path would be relative to postgresql.conf, so there's no
need for Debian to patch anything.