Re: psql --single-transaction does not work as expected - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: psql --single-transaction does not work as expected
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 04:04:50PM +0200, Rafael Martinez wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to report that psql --single-transaction does not work as one
> can expect after reading the help information for psql.
>
> psql --help says:
>
> - -1 ("one"), --single-transaction: execute command file as a single
> transaction
>
> If you run "psql -1 < sql_file.sql" insteed of "psql -1 -f
> sql_file.sql" the single-transaction parameter will not work.

This will be fixed in PG 9.3;  from the release notes:
       Allow the psql --single-transaction mode to work when       reading from standard input (Fabien Coelho, Robert
Haas)
       Previously this option only worked when reading from a file.

http://enterprisedb.com