Re: 9.3 Reviewer Credit WAS: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 9.3 Reviewer Credit WAS: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug  2, 2013 at 02:10:17PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce, all:
>
> Per previous email, I wanted to make a specific proposal for what to do
> on the 9.3 release notes.  This is because, without policy set, we have
> not been tracking which reviewers make "substantial changes" in 9.3, and
> listing some-but-not-all of them would cause a lot of unhappiness among
> the omitted reviewers.
>
> Therefore, I propose for 9.3 only that we just have the list at the end
> of the release notes, including all reviewers.  That way we can make
> sure to include everyone equally.

Yes, there is no way to add people to the 9.3 release note items at this
point --- my assumption is this is all 9.4 discussion, or maybe 9.5 as
we have already committed quite a bit to 9.4.

I don't think dumping reviewer names at the bottom of the 9.3 release
notes is what the majority want, and it seems like an ugly short-term
solution.

http://enterprisedb.com