Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug  2, 2013 at 04:43:30PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:18:15PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > > Right cause if a reviewer ends up writing (or cleaning up) all the
> > > docs, I would say they deserve very close to equal credit. As an
> > > example.
> >
> > I can do whatever we agree to in the release notes.   The big question
> > is whether committers can properly document these people.
>
> I don't see why not.  Most of them, if not all, already do.

Do they record which reviewers changed code and which just gave
feedback?

> > I do think the names are going to overwhelm the release note items and
> > we will _again_ remove some or all names.
>
> There's plenty of opinion to the contrary; but then it's just opinion.
> I think the idea of trying it at least once has merit.

This is what the 9.2 release notes looked like before I remove the
reviewers:
http://momjian.us/expire/release-9-2.html

Most items had 2-3 names, and it was widely rejected.  Of course, these
were all reviewers, not just those that changed the code.  I did not
have details of which reviewers changed code and which just gave
feedback.

http://enterprisedb.com