Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
Date
Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
List pgsql-sql
Dev Kumkar escribió:

> But what I am asking here is if an alias name is provided be it upper case,
> lower case, or a mix then shouldn't it be preserved as as it is given. All
> this talk is when alias names are unquoted, when quoted then its standard
> behavior as seen in other databases.

Aliases are treated just like any other identifier.  The downcasing
happens in the lexer (src/backend/parser/scan.l), which is totally
unaware of the context in which this is happening; so there's no way to
tweak the downcasing behavior for only aliases and not other
identifiers.