Re: Adding PgLife link - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Adding PgLife link
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 03:53:57PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > That is not Bruce's decision to make, it is the decision of the
> > sysadmin team who are responsible for the maintenance and day to day
> > running of all postgresql.org services. The sysadmin team will only
> > provide hosting for services that can be properly and efficiently
> > managed.
>
> Huh - wrote that pre-coffee and just realised it may be taken the
> wrong way. I'm not saying pglife can't be properly and efficiently
> managed - I don't know, I have no idea how it's been built. Just that
> the sysadmin team would be looking at that before taking on another
> service to maintain.

Agreed, and I don't think PgLife can be efficiently managed.  PgLife
uses Perl, CPAN modules, Javascript, Procmail, and cron jobs, and these
would need to be maintained by the sysadmin team.  Frankly, there
doesn't seem to be enough interest in even linking to PgLife, so I don't
see how having the sysadmin team maintain it makes any sense.

I do think the new display of unrelease backbranch commits will be
helpful, and I will keep making improvements as people suggest things.

http://enterprisedb.com