Re: BUG #8176: problem with the "ALTER TYPE name RENAME TO new_name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ]" syntax - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: BUG #8176: problem with the "ALTER TYPE name RENAME TO new_name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ]" syntax
Date
Re: BUG #8176: problem with the "ALTER TYPE name RENAME TO new_name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ]" syntax  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-bugs
Maxim,

* maxim.boguk@gmail.com (maxim.boguk@gmail.com) wrote:
> It seems that documentation wrong or [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] feature of ALTER
> TYPE ... RENAME TO isn't implemented.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's implemented but the grammar for it was
broken during refactoring to have all the ALTER .. RENAME operations go
through the same code paths.

> Test case:

Thanks for this.  I'm working on fixing this and will also add
regression tests to, hopefully, avoid this getting broken in the future.

    Thanks again,

        Stephen