Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 05:29:51PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> So here's my draft list of "Major Enhancements" for the relase notes:
>
> * Writeable Foreign Tables
> * pgsql_fdw driver for federation of PostgreSQL databases
> * Automatically updatable VIEWs
> * MATERIALIZED VIEW declaration
> * LATERAL JOINs
> * Additional JSON constructor and extractor functions
> * Indexed regular expression search
> * Disk page checksums to detect filesystem failures
> * Streaming-only remastering of replicas
> * Performance and locking improvements for Foreign Key locks
> * Parallel pg_dump for faster backups
> * Directories for configuration files
> * pg_isready database connection checker
> * COPY FREEZE for reduced IO bulk loading
> * User-defined background workers for automating database tasks
> * Recursive view declaration
>
> I note that the first one I'm leading off with actually isn't included
> in your release notes.  So please add it:
>
> Allow foreign data wrappers to accept writes
>     Foreign data sources can now be written to,
>     as well as read, provided that the FDW driver
>     supports it.

Well, this is the text I have now, which was suggested to me:
     <listitem>      <para>       Add a Postgres foreign data wrapper contrib module (Shigeru       Hanada, KaiGai
Kohei)     </para>

      <para>       This foreign data wrapper allows writes;  potentially other       foreign data wrappers can now
supportwrites.      </para>     </listitem>

Are you saying split up this into two items?

http://enterprisedb.com