Re: AWS and postgres issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Kerr
Subject Re: AWS and postgres issues
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 02:14:14PM -0600, Quentin Hartman wrote:
- What version of pgpool are you using?
-
- Are there other commands you have a problem with? I would suspect that the
- restart is causing the postgres server to go away, pgpool decides to
- disconnect, and then it has to be manually added back to the cluster.
- Unless of course you've got automatic failback setup, but even then I would
- expect that command to do weird things when issued through middleware like
- pgpool, regardless of what sort of infrastructure you are running on.
-
- QH

This is actually from the command line, PgPool isn't involved at all. I just
mentioned it to give some context.