Re: 9.2.3 crashes during archive recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: 9.2.3 crashes during archive recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hmm..

> Horiguch's patch does not seem to record minRecoveryPoint in
> ReadRecord();
> Attempt patch records minRecoveryPoint.
> [crash recovery -> record minRecoveryPoint in control file -> archive
> recovery]
> I think that this is an original intention of Heikki's patch.

It could be. Before that, my patch does not wake up hot standby
because I didn't care of minRecoveryPoint in it:-p

On the other hand, your patch fixes that point but ReadRecord
runs on the false page data. However the wrong record on the
false page can be identified as broken, It should be an
undesiable behavior.

If we want to show the final solution by ourselves, we need to
make another patch to settle them all. Let me take further
thought..

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi