Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view
Date
List pgsql-www
Andres Freund wrote:
> > Andres Freund wrote:

> > FWIW I also use a bare mirror (same setup as Kevin).
>
> I think that setup is fine as far as pulling goes, but you should push
> directly from the individual branches.

From the individual repos you mean?  I don't like that very much,
because when I back-patch something, I prefer to push all commits
locally to the bare mirror repo before pushing them out together to
gitmaster.  That way, if I notice a mistake at the last minute, I can
still revoke everything and start afresh.

One difference in my setup is that my bare mirror has two remotes, one
from gitmaster and one from the anonymous mirror.  The latter fetches
from cron every 5 minutes.  The other one only fetches when I invoke it
manually (because it needs access to my passphrase-protected SSH key).