Re: sql_drop Event Trigger - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: sql_drop Event Trigger
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine escribió:

> The good news is that the patch to do that has already been sent on this
> list, and got reviewed in details by Álvaro who did offer incremental
> changes. Version 3 of that patch is to be found in:
>
>   http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/m2fw19n1hr.fsf@2ndQuadrant.fr

Here's a v4 of that patch.  I added support for DROP OWNED, and added
object name and schema name available to the pg_dropped_objects
function.

Since we're now in agreement that this is the way to go, I think this
only needs a few more tweaks to get to a committable state, as well as
some useful tests and doc changes.  (v3 has docs which I didn't include
here but are probably useful almost verbatim.)

Do we want some more stuff provided by pg_dropped_objects?  We now have
classId, objectId, objectSubId, object name, schema name.  One further
thing I think we need is the object's type, i.e. a simple untranslated
string "table", "view", "operator" and so on.  AFAICT this requires a
nearly-duplicate of getObjectDescription.

Attachment