Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Andrew Dunstan (andrew@dunslane.net) wrote:
> Every unified diff can be turned into a context diff by passing it
> though "filterdiff --format=context".

On that point, annoyingly, it's not accurate for every diff.  In
particular, when I tried it with the diff for 'v29' of this lock_timeout
patch, it only returns the context diff for the first two files:

zcat 2-lock_timeout-v29.patch.gz | grep -- '--- postgresql' | wc -l
22

zcat 2-lock_timeout-v29.patch.gz | \    filterdiff --format=context | \ grep '\*\*\* postgresql' | wc -l
2

In the end, I did create a local git branch, commit the patch, then
diff it back against master using my context-diff git helper to get
something easier to read through.  Rather annoying.
Thanks,
    Stephen