Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pavel,

* Pavel Stehule (pavel.stehule@gmail.com) wrote:
> I am looking on this code now, and it is not easy as I though - there
> are two possible errors: not found or found more - so returning
> InvalidOid is not enough - and then some "new lookup" function is not
> simple or is ugly - and I am not sure, so cost is less than benefit.
> in this case.

The problem here is that this code is trying to cheat and use a cast
call to regproc or regprocedure to look for the function.  This has
already been solved in \df, why not refactor that code to be used for
this case as well?
Thanks,
    Stephen