Re: BUG #7874: GUC's not in database dumps - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #7874: GUC's not in database dumps
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 01:37:04AM +0000, joe@tanga.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      7874
> Logged by:          Joe Van Dyk
> Email address:      joe@tanga.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.1
> Operating system:   OSX, Linux
>
> If I run:
>    alter database foo set my.name = 'joe';
>
> that GUC isn't available inside backups of that database.
>
> It does show up when doing "pg_dumpall -s".
>
> It does *not* show up when doing "pg_dumpall -g"

This is a TODO:

    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#ALTER

    Refactor handling of database attributes between pg_dump and pg_dumpall

        Currently only pg_dumpall emits database attributes, such as ALTER
    DATABASE SET commands and database-level GRANTs. Many people wish that
    pg_dump would do that. One proposal is to let pg_dump issue such
    commands if the -C switch was used, but it's unclear whether that will
    satisfy the demand.

    http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4864F001.50909@archonet.com
    http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/11646.1272814212@sss.pgh.pa.us