Re: Vacuum/visibility is busted - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Vacuum/visibility is busted
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jeff Janes escribió:
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:55 AM, Pavan Deolasee
> <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see the assertion failure myself.  If I do REINDEX INDEX it
> gives a duplicate key violation, and if I do REINDEX TABLE or REINDEX
> DATABASE I get claimed success.
>
> This is using either current head (ab0f7b6) or 168d315 as binaries to
> start up the cluster.

Note that the visibility tests are correct: those tuples should all be
visible.  The problem is not the binary that's running the cluster now;
the problem is the binary that created the cluster in the first place
(or rather the binary that was running when tuple freezing took place).
That is, assuming my theory about tuple freezing being involved is correct.