Re: pg_Restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eduardo Morras
Subject Re: pg_Restore
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:16:00 +0530
bhanu udaya <udayabhanu1984@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>  Can we achieve this template or pg_Restore in less than 20 minutes time. Any more considerations. Kindly reply.
Thanksand RegardsRadha Krishna From: udayabhanu1984@hotmail.com

Perhaps you can use the ntfs snapshot feature.

a) Create the db with the data you want
b) Shutdown PostgreSql completly
c) Go to data folder, properties, make a recover point
d) Start PostgreSql
f) Work with it
g) Stop PostgreSql
h) Go to data folder, properties, recover the previous version
i) Go to d)

Don't know exactly the name of the ntfs property, if i remember well it's recover point, but haven't used Windows for a
while.

Perhaps other folders should be set to recover.

It's easy with this "feature" shoot your own feet (yes, in plural). If something wrong happens recover from the dump.

HTH