Re: Materialized views WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[resending with patch compressed, since original post didn't make
it through to the list]

Here is a new version of the patch, with most issues discussed in

I've been struggling with two areas:

 - pg_dump sorting for MVs which depend on other MVs
 - proper handling of the relisvalid flag for unlogged MVs after recovery

I've been hacking at the code in those areas without success;
what's here is the least broken form I have, but work is still
needed for these cases. Any other problems are news to me.

In addition, the docs need another pass, and there is an open
question about what is the right thing to use for TRUNCATE syntax.

-Kevin

Attachment