Re: Problem with libpq3 & postgresql8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with libpq3 & postgresql8
Date
Re: Problem with libpq3 & postgresql8
List pgsql-general
"Alex R. Mosteo" <alejandro@mosteo.com> writes:
> About the certificate thing, I'm not sure what you mean, but I've
> configured the pg_hba.conf file useing hostnossl. I see this line in the
> server log:
> LOG:  no se pudo aceptar una conexi�n SSL: se detect� EOF
> Which translates to: "Couldn't accept a SSL connection: EOF detected"
> but this message only appears after I kill the client process, which
> could mean that indeed the connection is alive and hung.

Hm.  Does it work if you add "sslmode = disable" to your connection
string?

What's the platform exactly, and exactly which PG 8.0.* release are you
using?  For that matter, are you sure you are linking your program to
the 8.0 libpq.so, and not still the 7.4 one?

            regards, tom lane