Re: rights for schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Hammers
Subject Re: rights for schema
Date
List pgsql-general
Am Sun, 30 Dec 2012 15:54:32 +0100
schrieb Philipp Kraus <philipp.kraus@flashpixx.de>:

> Hello,
>
> can I set all rights to a schema and its content? I have different
> schema and in the public schema all users should be do everything
> (select, update, delete, call functions, etc). Also if I add a new
> user, the user should be get also the rights. My other schemas are
> only access by the database user only.
>
> How can I do this?
>
> Phil

AFAIK you can't set all rights for all tables, views, functions etc.
inside a schema "recursively" with one command. Neither can you say
that, inside a specific schema, every newly created table or function
should automatically get a "default" access list.
(the "template1" database can only be used to do the latter for newly
created databases).

What you could do is to create a group ("role"), put all your users
in it and grant permissions to that role.

Remember, though, that newly created users have to be explicitly added
to that group by the admin and new tables have to be given access to
that role by the admin or the creating user!

bye,

-christian-