Re: wal archiving question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: wal archiving question
Date
List pgsql-general
akp geek wrote:

> We have postgres 9.0.4 since an year. Replication also set up and
> works fine. On the master. The wal files are growing and it's
> almost gone to 90% of the disk. How can I handle the situation.
> Can I delete the old files. Please advice

Replicating how? Are these WAL files in the pg_xlog directory, the
location your archive script copies them to, or somewhere else?
What is your overall backup strategy? How many base backups do you
keep, how far back? What sort of recovery options do you need
(e.g., point in time recovery to any point in the last year, or
something less extreme?)

-Kevin