Re: Further pg_upgrade analysis for many tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Further pg_upgrade analysis for many tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 06:14:59PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian escribió:
>
> > --- 17,24 ----
> >
> >   static void transfer_single_new_db(pageCnvCtx *pageConverter,
> >                          FileNameMap *maps, int size);
> > ! static int transfer_relfile(pageCnvCtx *pageConverter, FileNameMap *map,
> > !                              const char *suffix);
>
> Uh, does this code assume that forks other than the main one are not
> split in segments?  I think that's a bug, is it not?

Oh, yeah, I must have fixed this long ago.  It only fails if you use
tablespaces:
   if (os_info.num_tablespaces > 0 &&   strcmp(old_cluster.tablespace_suffix, new_cluster.tablespace_suffix) == 0)
pg_log(PG_FATAL,              "Cannot upgrade to/from the same system catalog version when\n"              "using
tablespaces.\n");

http://enterprisedb.com