Re: Autoanalyze of the autovacuum daemon ... - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Autoanalyze of the autovacuum daemon ...
Date
List pgsql-admin
Baptiste LHOSTE wrote:

>> Please show us the output from running this query:
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Server_Configuration

> [very reasonable settings except for a very large work_mem]

Make sure that work_mem setting isn't driving you into swapping or
near-zero caching. A shortage of cache space could explain this
because it looks like about 8.5 ms for each page read. About the only
other thing I can think to recommend is to decrease
autovacuum_cost_delay to 10ms and see if that helps.

> These tables have two timestamp columns and a btree index on both
> timestamp column. Will it be more efficient for us to configure the
> autovacuum daemon analyze task only on those columns ?

No.

> 4 * 300 Go Raid 0

You do realize that if any of those four drives fail you will need to
use your backup, right?

-Kevin