Re: Disable autovacuum on specific tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Disable autovacuum on specific tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Eliot Gable escribió:
> In general, autovacuum seems to work well on most of the tables I deal
> with. However, in a couple of specific cases, it seems to fail miserably. I
> would like to switch to manual vacuuming on those tables and disable
> auto-vacuuming for those tables alone. Is this possible?

Of course.  Exactly how you do it depends on the server version.  In
versions earlier than 8.4 you had to manually insert a tuple in the
pg_autovacuum catalog, with its "enabled" flag set to false and ensure
that all other settings are -1 (not zero).

In 8.4 and up, just do
ALTER TABLE foo SET (autovacuum_enabled = false)

See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-createtable.html#SQL-CREATETABLE-STORAGE-PARAMETERS
for docs.