Re: embedded list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: embedded list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera escribió:

> I also included two new functions in that patch, dlisti_push_head and
> dlisti_push_tail.  These functions are identical to dlist_push_head and
> dlist_push_tail, except that they do not accept non-circular lists.
> What this means is that callers that find the non-circularity acceptable
> can use the regular version, and will run dlist_init() on demand;
> callers that want the super-tight code can use the other version.
> I didn't bother with a new dlist_is_empty.

Is there any more input on this?  At this point I would recommend
committing this patch _without_ these dlisti functions, i.e. we will
only have the functions that check for NULL-initialized dlists.  We can
later discuss whether to include them or not (it would be a much smaller
patch and would not affect the existing functionality in any way.)