Re: opened connection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Levente Kovacs
Subject Re: opened connection
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:24:47 -0700
Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net> wrote:

> Unless you have very unique needs, keeping an open connection for
> days is just wrong anyway; if its for the sake of some user GUI or
> shell, there probably should be safeguards there to encourage users
> to not keep long-running transactions or connections.

Okay. Thanks for the answers. I implemented an alarm for the timeout, and I
close the connection when it is not needed in certain amount of time.

However, I have an other question.
Calling PQfinish() on an already closed connection makes my program
segfault. Is this normal?

Thank you,
Levente

--