Re: Yet another failure mode in pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Yet another failure mode in pg_upgrade
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep  1, 2012 at 11:45:58AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> So, in summary, this patch moves the socket directory to the current
> directory all but live check operation, and handles different socket
> directories for old cluster >= 9.1.  I have added a documentation
> mention of how to make this work for for pre-9.1 old servers.
>
> Thus completes another "surgery on a moving train" that is pg_upgrade
> development.

Oh, one more thing.  We have talked about creating some special pipe for
pg_upgrade to communicate the a backend directly, but live check mode
hightlights that we will _still_ need traditional connection abilities
even if we add the pipe ability.

http://enterprisedb.com