Re: [postgis-users] pg_dump -s should use add_geometrycolumn(...) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [postgis-users] pg_dump -s should use add_geometrycolumn(...)
Date
List pgsql-general
<andres@2ndquadrant.com>wrote:
> > That shouldn't be a problem with postgres 2 anymore as far as I
> > understand things?
Argh, postgis 2.

Two things:
* the geometry_columns table is not a table anymore but a view of the postgres
catalogs
* extensions (9.1+, used by postgis 2 onwards) can declare configuration
tables now, so even if you would still need a configuration table it would get
dumped in a schema only dump

Also, adding postgis support into pg_dump would have been problematic given
that pg_dump is part of core postgres and postgis isnt...

Andres