Re: BUG #6150: commit_delay should have unit ms - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #6150: commit_delay should have unit ms
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug  4, 2011 at 09:30:35PM +0000, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

> Bug reference:      6150
> Logged by:          Christoph Anton Mitterer
> Email address:      calestyo@scientia.net
> PostgreSQL version: 0.9
> Operating system:   Debian sid
> Details:
>
> Hi.
>
> AFAIK form the documentation, the setting commit_delay, should have the base
> unit "ms".
>
> However, when doing something like
> $ psql -c 'SELECT name,vartype,unit FROM pg_settings;' | grep commit_delay
> I get:
> could not change directory to "/root/test"
>  commit_delay                    | integer |
>
> No unit.

Yes, you are correct.  The attached, applied patch for Postgres 9.3 will
properly display units.  I checked all the other variables and they all
had proper units.

I also removed an unnecessary units designation in
postgresql.conf.sample for a zero value --- if we want to put units on
zero values, we should do it consistently in a separate patch.

Attachment