Re: BUG #6722: Debugger broken? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From kargor
Subject Re: BUG #6722: Debugger broken?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi!

Windows XP / Postgres 9.1.4

Of course the correct  name of the dll is ..\lib\plugins\plugin_debugger.dl=
l.

My problems:
* Directory ..\share\contrib is empty.

* CREATE EXTENSION pldbgapi;
FEHLER:  konnte Erweiterungskontrolldatei =C2=BBF:/progs/9.1.4/share/extens=
ion/pldbgapi.control=C2=AB nicht =C3=B6ffnen: No such file or directory

* pldbgapi--1.0.sql
This file does not exist, too, nor does any similar file exist.

* Then I tried the old file pldbgapi.sql from a 9.0.? server.
Function name has changed, targetinfo.dll is missing.

* So I have copied the pldbgapi--1.0.sql from git, updated it to use the co=
rrect dlls and then I was able to install the debugger.

* For all version I have used(8.4, 9.0 and now 9.1.4) it was necessary to r=
eboot the computer to use the debugger - restarting the database server is =
not enough!

Greetings, Kari.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 01:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
> Von: "Heikki Linnakangas-3 [via PostgreSQL]" <ml-node+s1045698n5719352h8@=
n5.nabble.com>
> An: kargor <karlgorton@gmx.at>
> Betreff: Re: BUG #6722: Debugger broken?

>=20
>=20
> On 08.08.2012 19:05, kargor wrote:
> > Its possible to start the debugger, but its not really easy.
> >
> > The control file from git has not worked, so I copied the sql file to
> > install the functions.
>=20
> How did it not work? What error message did you get? Did you follow the=
=20
> installation instructions in the README?
>=20
> > I copied the debugging.dll from plugins into the libdir, too, but I
> think
> > this is not necessary (in the conf file the dll from plugins will be
> > loaded).
>=20
> There is no reference to "debugging.dll" in the git repository, or in=20
> any old version of the debugger either IIRC, so I wonder where that came=
=20
> from.
>=20
> --=20