Re: isolation check takes a long time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: isolation check takes a long time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16:29PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Excerpts from Noah Misch's message of jue jul 26 06:28:54 -0400 2012:
> >     var "isolation" = { "rc" => "READ COMMITTED", "rr" => "REPEATABLE READ" }
>
> Agreed.  What would be the syntax to specify a particular value to use
> in a permutation?  Maybe
>
> permutation isolation=rr "step1" "step2" ...

I figured just 'permutation "rr" "step1" "step2"', in keeping with the
tendency toward terseness already found in the implementation.  It would then
be an error to use a name more than once among specs and variable.

> I'm not sure about requiring quotes around those identifiers.

Let's keep it consistent with the requirement in other contexts of the spec
file.  I generally favor a policy of optional quotes, but that could be its
own patch.

Thanks,
nm