Re: pg_upgrade and statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_upgrade and statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:33:09AM -0700, Daniel Farina wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > To answer your specific question, I think clearing the last analyzed
> > fields should cause autovacuum to run on analyze those tables.  What I
> > don't know is whether not clearing the last vacuum datetime will cause
> > the table not to be analyzed.
>
> Thank you very much for this reference.  I will look into it.

I assume a missing last_analyze would trigger an auto-analyze, but I am
unclear if we assume a last_vacuum included an analyze;  I think you
need to look at autovacuum.c for the details;  let me know if you need
help.

http://enterprisedb.com