Re: Unhelpful initdb error message - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Unhelpful initdb error message
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday, March 06, 2012 9:25:17 am Thom Brown wrote:

> These are in my env output:
>
> PATH=/home/thom/Development/psql/bin/:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/s
> bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
> PGDATA=/home/thom/Development/data/
> PGPORT=5488
>
> This appears in my build script before configure:
>
> export PGDATA=$HOME/Development/data/
> export PATH=$HOME/Development/psql/bin/:$PATH
> export PGPORT=5488
>
> And those 3 lines also appear in my .bashrc file without any variation:
>
> export PGDATA=$HOME/Development/data/
> export PATH=$HOME/Development/psql/bin/:$PATH
> export PGPORT=5488

And you are sure there is no pg_ctl or initdb outside
/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin or /home/thom/Development/psql/bin and in your PATH?

Just for grins what happens if you try an initdb using an explicit reference to
the binary /home/thom/Development/psql/bin/initdb and the -D
/home/thom/Development/data/ ?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com