Re: Command Triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Command Triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sunday, December 04, 2011 02:09:08 AM Andres Freund wrote:
> First, does anybody think it would be worth getting rid of the duplication
> from OpenIntoRel (formerly from execMain.c) in regard to DefineRelation()?
> I noticed that there already is some diversion between both. E.g. CREATE
> TABLE  frak TABLESPACE pg_global AS SELECT 1; is possible while it would
> be forbidden via a plain CREATE TABLE. (I will send a fix for this
> separately).
Sorry for letting this slide.

Is it worth adding this bit to OpenIntoRel? Not sure if there is danger in
allowing anyone to create shared tables
/* In all cases disallow placing user relations in pg_global */if (tablespaceId == GLOBALTABLESPACE_OID)
ereport(ERROR,           (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE),             errmsg("only shared relations can be
placedin pg_global

tablespace")));

Andres