Re: Upgrade to 9.1 causing function problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Upgrade to 9.1 causing function problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday, February 24, 2012 10:31:44 am Willem Buitendyk wrote:
> Ok I must be doing something wrong.  I tried the same test on my old server
> running 8.3 which has had no problem with anything up till now (but also
> only working within public schema).  So I am obviously not working with
> schemas correctly.  Will read the manual for hopefully a deeper
> understanding.

At this point my guess is it is a GRANT issue, where the user that creates the
SCHEMA is different from the one using the function and the function user does
not have USAGE on the schema.

See:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-grant.html

In particular:
"
USAGE

For schemas, allows access to objects contained in the specified schema (assuming
that the objects' own privilege requirements are also met). Essentially this
allows the grantee to "look up" objects within the schema. Without this
permission, it is still possible to see the object names, e.g. by querying the
system tables. Also, after revoking this permission, existing backends might
have statements that have previously performed this lookup, so this is not a
completely secure way to prevent object access.

"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com