Re: information schema/aclexplode doesn't know about default privileges - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lionel Elie Mamane
Subject Re: information schema/aclexplode doesn't know about default privileges
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 08:23:59PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On mån, 2012-01-02 at 06:43 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I figured the best and most flexible way to address this is to export
>> acldefault() as an SQL function and replace

>>     aclexplode(proacl)

>> with

>>     aclexplode(coalesce(proacl, acldefault('f', proowner)))

> Nobody had a better idea, so here is the final patch.

Thanks! This is important for the LibreOffice-PostgreSQL integration,
since LibreOffice uses the privilege information to determine whether
to let the user edit/insert data in the UI or not. It is thus
important for this information to be correct.

I currently work around that with a UNION, assuming that the default
acl is "owner has all rights".

--
Lionel