Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve performance of timezone loading, especially pg_timezone_ - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve performance of timezone loading, especially pg_timezone_
Date
List pgsql-committers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 8:27 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Ah-hah.  Still, the log message should have been there before.

> No, it didn't exist before because dirname passed to scan_directory_ci
> didn't contain the filename appended to it.

Gotcha.  On closer look, the "fall through" path added by this commit
wasn't really exercised at all on Unix machines, because calls with
no canonname only occur when we expect to find the zone file with name
as stated.  It's accidental (and fortunate) that the bug in the MSVC
build support allowed us to find this bug promptly ;-)

I concur with your thought that these are separate bugs and deserve
separate commits.  Will do that in a minute.

            regards, tom lane