Re: how to drop function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject Re: how to drop function?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:48:00 -0700
"J.V." <jvsrvcs@gmail.com> wrote:

> the drop function works when running from a pgAdmin III Sql window
>
> but when I try to do from the command line and script it:
>      psql -h $PGHOST -p $PGPORT -d $PGDATABASE -U $PGUSER -c
> "*drop function ....*"
>
> the above fails.

> It does however work with functions with no params or a single
> param. It seems to get hung up on the comma and the extra set of
> parenthesis

It would be nice to know how it fails and if you reposted exactly
what you wrote to make it fail and what you wrote to make it succede.

What does it mean "get hung on the comma and extra set of
parenthesis"?

ivan@dawn:~$ psql -h lan test -c 'drop function process_table
  (action TEXT, v_table_name varchar(100));'
DROP FUNCTION
ivan@dawn:~$

the psql command all on the same line.

--