Re: Strange problem with create table as select * from table; - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Strange problem with create table as select * from table;
Date
Re: Strange problem with create table as select * from table;  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 05:49:44PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> You said that pg_dump does not show the corruption.  That could be
> because the data is coming out through the COPY code path instead of
> the SELECT code path.  Could you try a pg_dump with --inserts (which
> will fetch the data with SELECTs) and see if it shows corrupt data?

i'm running the pg_dump (it will take some time, so don't hold your
breath), but at the same time - I can select these rows, correctly, with
normal SELECT from table (xobjects table). Doesn't it disprove this
theory?

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/