Re: Strange problem with create table as select * from table; - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Strange problem with create table as select * from table;
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 08:04:19AM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> So just to be clear there is and never has been a -1 value for xobject_id in the
> source table?

yes. min value of xobject_id is 1000, and we had trigger in place on the
table which logged all inserts/updates/deletes and the value -1 never
showed up (At least in the last couple of days, during which i was
making the copies).

> So a select count(*) from sssssss.xobjects where xobject_id = -1 on the source
> table yields 0?

yes, that's correct. both using index, and usingf seq scan.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/