Re: pg_dump schma while excluding specific table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_dump schma while excluding specific table
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:54:35 pm Tony Capobianco wrote:
> I'm using 9.0.3.  I've tried several permutations of this script and
> still I get a dump of the entire schema.  The corgi table is still
> included when I need it excluded.

You may be getting bit by search path issues:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/app-pgdump.html

"Note: The behavior of the -t switch is not entirely upward compatible with
pre-8.2 PostgreSQL versions. Formerly, writing -t tab would dump all tables
named tab, but now it just dumps whichever one is visible in your default search
path. To get the old behavior you can write -t '*.tab'. Also, you must write
something like -t sch.tab to select a table in a particular schema, rather than
the old locution of -n sch -t tab. "

While the above shows -t the same applies to -T.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com