*.sql contrib files contain unresolvable MODULE_PATHNAME - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Martin Pitt
Subject *.sql contrib files contain unresolvable MODULE_PATHNAME
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello all,

In https://launchpad.net/bugs/835502 it was reported that the 9.1.1
contrib *.sql files contain the token "MODULE_PATHNAME", which is
unknown:

  psql test < /usr/share/postgresql/9.1/extension/intarray--1.0.sql

This fails with a ton of errors about the file "MODULE_PATHNAME" not
existing.

When I replace this with "$libdir/_int", it works:

  sed 's!MODULE_PATHNAME!$libdir/_int!g' /usr/share/postgresql/9.1/extensio=
n/intarray--1.0.sql | psql test

Is that something I'm doing wrong in the packaging, or should the
contrib Makefiles be fixed to do this substitution?

It doesn't only affect intarray, but pretty much all *.sql files.

Thanks for any insight,

Martin Pitt

--=20